* iMosflm distributions include a Mosflm executable - so you won't need to download it separately.
The current version has been tested on Linux, Mac OS X (PPC and Intel) and Windows.
If you have any problems, questions or suggestions then please contact us.
- iMosflm is being distributed with the executable of Mosflm 7.0.9 included - so you should download a machine-specific version of iMosflm. There is no need for a separate download of Mosflm, unless you want to run iMosflm on a different platform.
iMosflm 1.0.7 (the latest version of
the new GUI) will only work with the accompanying release of Mosflm version
7.0.9 - this is the latest official Mosflm release.
iMosflm requires a number of tcl extensions that are not present in the Tcl/Tk core. A hassle free way to get around this is to download the ActiveTcl distribution which is available for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows. The appropriate links have been set up in the downloads
section of this site. It should be noted, however, that recent
versions of Linux have a good TclTk included in their installation, so it may
not be necessary to download the ActiveTcl version.
If you use Windows or Linux make sure you download the 220.127.116.11 version of ActiveTcl. If you are using an earlier version of Mac OS X than 10.6 (Snow Leopard), download 18.104.22.168.
- The TclTk version 8.4 distributed with Mac OS X 10.6 appears to be more reliable on that operating system than the current ActiveTcl distribution, so it should be used if you have Snow Leopard or Lion (OSX 10.7) installed; make sure you specify /usr/bin/wish8.4, and not /usr/bin/wish or /usr/bin/wish8.5.
iMosflm has not been modified to run with ActiveTcl 8.5
There are some issues with running iMosflm with the version of bltwish
supplied with the CCP4
distribution on Windows Vista; we recommend that you use the ActiveTcl
until we have resolved this.
- The Tru64 version is no longer supported, but it may run with the TclTk installation from this website, which was built with gcc - versions built with HP's C compiler do not run as intended.
- Fixed the solution picking code in autoindexing (broken in 1.0.6)
- Improved rendering of Pilatus images in Image Display
- Ensure the user's choice to use Scala in preference to Aimless for scaling persists between sessions
- The addition of the image_template in the XML for the bad spots response now means iMosflm 1.0.7 requires iMosflm 7.0.9
- Ensure the 'Add images' menu can be resized to show a longer list of files & directories by moving the 'Selected images' only checkbox down to final row.
- Add traps to prevent 'Index' button being clicked if image number(s) are present but no spot finding has been done.
- Ensure the MTZ filename is updated when toggling between sectors.
- Add ROFF and TOFF to the refined parameter checking.
- Fixed typographical error in the path to baubles when running Pointless.
- Do not require the scaling programs to be in CBIN as CCP4_BIN is in the PATH.
- Save the Strategy file as soon as the yellow, cross-hatched sector is plotted after the Auto-complete calculation.
Release notes for old versions of iMosflm:
- Version 1.0.6 (4th April 2012)
- Version 1.0.5 (18th December 2010)
- Version 1.0.4 (28th January 2010)
- Version 1.0.3 (10th August 2009)
- Version 1.0.0 (28th October 2008)
- Version 0.6.1 (3rd March 2008)
Harry Powell Last modified: Fri Jun 15 12:04:24 BST 2012