* Trinity College
* University of Cambridge
* Molecular Biophysics Unit
* Indian Institute of Science
* Center for Biotechnology
* Anna University
|M. Madan Babu, PhD
Group Leader / Investigator
MRC-Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, United Kingdom
University of Cambridge
See new group page at: http://mbgroup.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/
- EMBO Young Investigator (2010) - European Molecular Biology Organisation.
- Biochemical Society Early Career Award (2009) - Biochemical Society, UK.
- Genomic Pioneer Special Award (2008) - Ocimum Biosolutions, USA and the Human Genome Organisation (HUGO), UK.
- Schlumberger Research Fellow (2007 - 2009) - Darwin College, Cambridge, UK.
- Group Leader - MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK.
- NIH Post-doctoral Visiting Fellowship (2005-2006) - Funding for post doctoral research at the NCBI, USA.
- Max Perutz Prize "for outstanding research carried out at the MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology" - 11th Oct 2004.
- Visiting fellow at the NCBI, NIH for one month from 12th Dec - 12th Jan 2004.
- ESF-JSPS fellowship (European Science Foundation - Japanese Society for the Promotion of Sciences) to paricipate in 'Bioinformatics workshop' in San Felix, Spain (25th - 30th Oct 2003)
- Runners up at the Young Bioinformaticians Forum held in Oxford University - Sep 2003.
- Visiting fellow at the NCBI, NIH for two months from 5th Aug - 28th Sep 2002
- ESF bursary of 600 Euros to attend "Genome to Life" summer school in Corsica, France (Jul 15th - 27th 2002)
- DIMACS student travel award of $300 to attend DIMACS 2002 at Rutgers University
- ISCB Student Award of $500 for RECOMB 2002 ISCB newsletter article
- LMB-Cambridge Fellowship for the course of my PhD at MRC-LMB / University of Cambridge (from Oct 2001)
- Honorary External Research Studentship for three years at Trinity College, Cambridge University (from Oct 2001)
- Recipient of Cambridge Overseas Research Scholarship (ORS)
- Gold Medal for securing the first position in the University (Industrial Biotechnology - CGPA - 9.8/10)
- Indian Institute of Science - Young Fellow from 1997 till the duration of the undergraduate course (3 years)
- Indian Academy of Sciences - Summer Research Fellowship during 1999 & 2000
- Selected for National Merit Scholarship based on XII std performance
- Cash awards from Association of Matriculation Schools for 3rd rank in the state in Matric Exam
- Cash award from Nesarathnam Educational Trust for 3rd rank in the state in Matric Exam
- Shield from M.CT.M HSS for first in the school and for 3rd rank in the state in Matric Exam
- Award from Rotary club for 3rd rank in the state in Matric Exam
Home |Awards | Research Interests | Publications | Professional Activities | Resume | General | Group Page